Thread: baseboard heat

baseboard heat

I really need some help..My home is heated with hot water baseboards.In the last couple of days i noticed that my kitchen is colder than the rest of the house.The kitchen and all of the first floor is on one zone.I can feel the baseboards in the living room and they are warm but the ones in the kitchen are cold.Anyone have any ideas why this is happenng?Thanks

Re: baseboard heat

I would examine the piping and see how the hot water flows from one set of heaters to another.

Is there some sort of bypass or thermostat on the ones in the kitchen that doesn't let the heated water flow thru them if the temperature in the kitchen is above the setting on the thermostat? Could that piece be defective or something?

Maybe explain a bit more about the hot water flow in your system?

It sounds like you need to bleed the base boards in the kitchen. One end of the base board should have a valve. Open the valve untill all the air has been bled.

air in the lines was the problem..Thanks

The system that I had at one time , the temperature was regulated at the boiler/furnace.....for all the heaters...
    My daughter and me got really cold during a cold spell, got a dude over and he went down to boiler controls and turned a screw up on a thermostat like thingy.....great!.....
    also the only problem with seperate heaters is that you have to bleed the air out occasionally ....
    Just my 2 cents worth.....great heat though.....Mike