Don't know if this is the right category to post this or not...

One of the drainage culverts under our road became totally clogged this year. I guess it was half-way clogged, and we didn't take care of it soon enough. Anyway, I was able to clear out the mud from about 10 feet at each end by using a hoe, a shovel and my wimpy 25 gallon sprayer hose, but that still leaves about 25-30 feet under the road that's still clogged.

We were able to push a PVC pipe through, and then a chain, and saw back and forth, but that didn't help much. We attached a 4" square, 1/2" thick piece of metal to the chain, and we got it through one way, by pulling with the tractor... couldn't get it pulledt he other way (pulling with the Blazer).

We dug a gigantic hole (maybe 6' in diameter and 4' deep) in front of the entrance to the culvert, hoping to avert any more road damage, but this year's storms filled the gutter and the hole with silt/mud, and the water continued on over the road.

Does anyone have any idea how to clear the culvert? We thought about buying a pressure washer (Home Depot has one wtih 2200 psi), but we're not sure it would have enough pressure to work to clear it.

The guy that built the road charges $80/hour, plus $500 just to get the truck up there. And he estimates 1/2 - 1 day. For that price, we'd sure like to figure out another way.

Once we get it cleared, we want to dig it up and re-install it at a greater angle, so the dirt will flow through with the water, instead of getting stuck in the culvert.