Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: (sigh) bread machines

(sigh) bread machines

Well, I said many times I would make bread the "real" way until my arms couldn't handle it anymore, and then I would get a bread machine. So, without further ado, who has a bread machine that make loaves that look like loaves (no rounded, bullet-looking ones, please), are about 1 1/2 pound loaves, and are pretty good to eat? Want to have a little user-approved info if posible. I went flying out of the back of my son's van the first of the year (the door I was going to hold on to to get out wasn't latched), sprained my shoulder, and it is still bad. I ran out of my stock of bread in January, and have been having to buy it! Shoulder seems to be in no hurry to heal (planting a garden with just the leftie working should be a rare treat), and I don't see kneading bread in my near future, or if ever. Not look for sympathy, just miss my bread! [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Need to eat up the peach butter before the new canning season, and store-bought just doesn't cut it! Thanks, Chris

Re: (sigh) bread machines

We've had two different brands of bread machines and now I don't remember the brand of either one, but neither one was worth fooling with. [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Can't help you with the bread machine, but look into Dr. Christopher's BF&C for help with the healing. It's amazing stuff. You can buy it online from a number of places.

Also heavy loads of ivitamin C. I mean like 10 grams a day. It will make you, uh, NOT be constipated. With enthusiasm! IF you start heavy right off, if you aren't used to such amounts. Start with a gram a day for a few days, then add a gram every day or two.

I received a Black&Decker bread machine for Xmas. It works well for me. The loaf cuts just right to fit in a toaster.

I do add some extra ingedients like corn meal, nuts, sunflower seeds,flax seed, sesame seed, dried tomato, garlic powder, [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] etc. and use olive oil rather than shortening.

Egon

Can't remember what kind I have but it makes pretty good bread.
    You ARE a redneck if... you knew someone whose last words were "Hey y'all, watch this!"

Like Egon, I have a Black and Decker (A MANLY MACHINE) bread maker. It is the second bread machine I have had and it is better than the other (don't recall the brand of the first.) The instructioin manual/cookbook as a good recipe for pizza dough using beer. I like to make a double batch and include extra ingredients in the mix, such things as sweet basil, garlic, ground New Mexico chili pepper and similar. I then have a litle left over after making a thick crust pizza.

Roll the left over dough out really thin and cut it in a criss cross pattern with your pizza cutter. Drape the diamond shaped pieces on upside down muffin tins and bake till crisp. Good with a pizza sauce based dipping sauce. You can also drible some sauce on them prior to baking and they make decent pizza chips.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

We have a Welbilt 2# and use it frequently. It's kind of a treat
    adding whatever you feel like putting in and wait for the bread to get done. We have also done pizza dough. I like it and use it more than the wife.
    Sorry about the hurt wing.
    Steve

I have a bread machine, but never bake the bread in it. I use it to make the dough, which I then transfer to a metal bread pan. Works great for me. I also make dough for danish and pecan rolls, french bread, and italian herb bread. All baked in my gas oven. [img]/forums/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img]

Love my bread machine for making the dough. I sometimes don't know what I'm baking until the dough is ready (flat bread, pan bread, rolls or cinnamon rolls).....
    Adron
    You can have it good, quick or cheap. Pick 2.

I will most likely do the same. Just can't knead the dough anymore! Guess I will adjust. Thanks to all that let me know the brands they use. I am not lucky with Black and Decker. I once bought a toaster oven for my daughter, her's was teriffic. So I bought one for me...it wasn't so teriffic. Have heard good things about Welbilt from several people, will probably go that way. Really miss that Saturday aroma in my house. Again, thanks! Chris