Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deer Camp sewer

Re: Deer Camp sewer

Oh, I agree. They need to be informed of where their property ends and yours begins and that they aren't going to be allowed to dump their sewage on your property.

I was just throwing an idea in the prank pot.

Is this thread going to pot?

[img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] The SE Iowa county in which we live has recently hired a sanitarian. This is a county that has no building code for anything rural, and no zoning laws that I am aware of; but let them find you dropping sewage in an open waterway or other "unsuitable" spot and it will be big news as the newly-hired sanitarian goes about the business of justifying his salary/benefit package. Now don't get me wrong, I'm all in favor of doing things right, but what about the houses that are wired with SPEAKER WIRE!!! [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] What I would do if I wuz you is check with the county guys and see if there are any sewage guidelines that must be met, and if there are, let THEM be the bad guys and shut the deer camp down. That way you could avoid the headline: "Hunting accident claims life of local landowner." Those .30-06 slugs can be mighty troublesome when they go through a jacket, a shirt, a tee shirt some skin, a rib and the aortic root. [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
    CJDave

A .223 can be equally troublesome, and an AR-15 slung casually under the shoulder - not pointing at anyone, of course - can be a powerful incentive for leaving the ought sixes alone. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

That's should you need to have a chat with them. Given our current nanny state legal climate, I agree, it's best to let officialdom be the bad guys as much as possible.