Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deer Camp sewer

Deer Camp sewer

I rode around my property line today and noticed where one of the house trailers from the four or five parked their that is used for a Deer Camp had ran their sewer line over on to my property to a low spot. I don't know what they used for a septic tank but I suspect a barrel. The four inch PVC pipe was buried all except where it ran out onto the ground. I'm not very happy about it but haven't decided what to do yet. Any suggestions? [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Re: Deer Camp sewer

Ask them to remove it and clean up any residual mess.

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Plug it and bury the end in concrete.
    You ARE a redneck if... you knew someone whose last words were "Hey y'all, watch this!"

Mark the property line, if it isn't already. Inform them that trespassers will be prosecuted in criminal court and that any illegal septic systems will be reported to the proper authorities for legal action, which may include civil suits to cover clean-up costs.

If you had a gas powered high volume water pump (trash pump) and hooked it to that pipe I'll bet you could find out pretty quick where the other end was connected. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?

There are days that the number of "Devious Mindsets" on this Forum scare me!! [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks Egon!

We'll all take that as a complement. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?

I like Gary's idea. Mine was to put a reducer on it and hook up a pressure washer. It is low volume but would eventually fill all available space and "MARK" the source. IF you put some dye like is used to mark spray chemicals dispensed from pasture sprayers it would make it more clear where the source was. Maybe with binoculars you could see which trailer had colored water flowing out under the door.

I can think of several much more interesting things to do but none I'd discuss in Sunday School. Well maybe just this one. I suppose this long after its last use the pipe is dry. If so then a few water soluble packages (there are wrapper materials like Saran wrap but are waer soluble (edible underware is made of this stuff too.) anyway a few pounds of baking powder in the botom of the pipe and glue on a cap. The first liquid down the pipe will set off the baking powder and tend to "BLOW" the stuff back up the pipe. NO explosion, no one is injured but the STUFF gets sent back where it came from. Even if it doesn't get the spectacular results yo might wish for the pipe is plugged and they will not be poluting you through it. I won't mention calcium carbide or water sensing triggers to make a spark.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Hmm, my idea was much simpler.

Get a can of that great stuff expanding foam, fill the end of the pipe with it.

Tada! There septic pipe just became a holding tank.

Simpler, and fun, but not effective in the long run. Anything you do to plug up their system will just get fixed the next time they are on site. They will grumble about 'some jerk' that messed with 'their' septic, and go on about their business of polluting your land.

If you want it solved permanently, you have to let them know that:

A: They are trespassing.
    B: They will pay dearly if they keep it up.