Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another Power Washer question

Re: Another Power Washer question

Rip, Trust but verify!

I have had guys swear that some control was in such and such position only to find IT WASN"T! Before I achieved my advanced state of enlightenment I had tried to trouble shoot electronic equipment that wasn't even connected to power.

A couple months ago both the hot and cold supply lines to the north side kithen sink froze up. The plumber assured me they NEVER attach pipes to the outside wall and ALWAYS leave room for insulaltion between the outside wall and the pipes. The insulation contractor swore that they always put the insulation between the pipes and the outside wall unless the plumbers didn't leave room in which case they woild leave a section uninsulated to let heat leak out to the pipes to avoid a freeze up.

...and now for the rest of the story... The pipes were clamped securely to the outside wall AND they were insulated on the interior side, keeping the heat from getting to them. Both contractors had done exactly what they said they NEVER DID!

I fixed it, having to contort my 6'2" 245 lb body to wedge myself into the undersink cabinet and work behind the garbage disposal, all the while not thinking kind thoughts regarding the two sub-contractors.

As an optimistic realist I hope for the best but deal with reality. Let us know when you have got some known good data regarding yoiur static water prressure (no flow) and the dynamic pressures measure under various flow conditions. This will allow making decisions from a position of knowlege and not having to just guess at possibilities.

Rather than muse regarding the number of angels dancing on the head of a pin, lets get a magnifier and count the buggers.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

<font color="blue"> Before I achieved my advanced state of enlightenment I had tried to trouble shoot electronic equipment that wasn't even connected to power. </font color>

[img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Been there, done that!

How about troublshooting a starting problem on a car...

... that is out of gas! [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Blue, Trouble shooting disconnected equipment and looking for the reason a circuit was abnormal but with no power applied was not a singular event for me, UNFORTUNATELY.

T-shooting a starting problem with an empty tank is not that rare. It is GOOD to remember the basics: air, fuel, and spark (especially fuel and spark, there is usually air.) In the olden days (my level of automotive technology) simple carbs added fuel to the moving air and was ignited by a spark. Confirming these was easy. Pull a plug wire and observe the spark and its color and intensity. You could gap a plug or breaker points with a match book cover or clean the points with the striking surface of the matchbook.

This is STILL the level of technology where I am comfortable with hands-on tinkering. That is why my dune/beach buggy still has an air cooled VW engine (just a big lawn mower engine really) because it is about as high up the in the ICE techno-food-chain as my personal experience will take me. I'm hip to the theory of all the new fangled stuff but have no hands on contact with it. BIg difference between reading and doing.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

<font color="blue"> This is STILL the level of technology where I am comfortable with hands-on tinkering. .... I'm hip to the theory of all the new fangled stuff but have no hands on contact with it. BIg difference between reading and doing. </font color>

I'm with you, Pat. If I ever have a Datsun Roadster again, I'll work on it, but on my current vehicles, anything much more than a relay is getting referred to the pros, these days.

Though I did just cure a starting problem that my favorite shop couldn't. Hmmm. Come to think of it, that was just a relay. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]