Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ford F-150 ????

Re: Ford F-150 ????

[img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] I grew up driving WWII Army trucks that we used to feed cows in winter, spread fertilizer with a vee box and haul hay. We had two GMC 6 X 6's and one Shivel-A 4 X 4. We used to shift them as an: "Oklahoma Seven-Speed" by going all the way up through the five gears in the main box with the transfer case in "under"; then pull the transfer into "Direct" and go back to fourth in the main box and then on up to fifth. Horsehair-filled canvas seat cushions, an enormous wooden-rim steering wheel, and crank out front windows......the lap of luxury.......... perfect for bringing supplies over the Burma Road. GI stuff is, well,.....not made for everybody. Kudos to your sweetie Pat, for being able to chauffer a genuine steel Cadillac! [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
    CJDave

Quote Originally Posted by CJDave View Post
    [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] I grew up driving WWII Army trucks that we used to feed cows in winter, spread fertilizer with a vee box and haul hay. We had two GMC 6 X 6's and one Shivel-A 4 X 4. We used to shift them as an: "Oklahoma Seven-Speed" by going all the way up through the five gears in the main box with the transfer case in "under"; then pull the transfer into "Direct" and go back to fourth in the main box and then on up to fifth. Horsehair-filled canvas seat cushions, an enormous wooden-rim steering wheel, and crank out front windows......the lap of luxury.......... perfect for bringing supplies over the Burma Road. GI stuff is, well,.....not made for everybody. Kudos to your sweetie Pat, for being able to chauffer a genuine steel Cadillac! [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
    just wonder about this car part. how was this i mean what is the main function of this part? thanks!

I actually never thought of converting an old truck into a ranch vehicle. I didn't even know you could do that! I think that was a great idea! You literally put it out to pasture!

Being as how that was four years ago it is probably in the junk yard.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbrown View Post
    Being as how that was four years ago it is probably in the junk yard.
    I wouldn't bet on it F150's are bullet proof, 4 years is a drop in the bucket. I've been abusing an 84 for 15 years in the florida swamps and it runs as strong as it ever did.
    The inline 300 6 banger is a model of reliability imho.

There is a reason that the Ford F-150 has been the best selling vehicle in America for the past 20+ years, it is the best 1/2 ton truck on the market. This year the new Ecoboost V-6 has as much HP/TQ as most diesels with great mileage. If I was looking for a new 1/2 ton truck, the new Ford F-150 Ecoboost would be right up there.

Pap
    2008 F-250 V-10 Loaded
    2007 Lincoln LT grocery getter
    2007 Kubota RTV 900
    1996 Ford Bronco