Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Gun

Big Gun

This is what we use to water part of the garden.

Re: Big Gun

Another view.

In action.

Second shot of gun in action.

That must not be North Dakota! [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

What are you growing in that "garden"?
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?

What is the HP of the engine and the range of the gun?

How is the gun anchored to keep the repetitive recoil form dislodging it or is in on a platform?

Also what model Kubota is that?

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

It is North Dakota.

Corn, potatoes, summer squash, winter squash, pumpkin, watermelon, muskmelon, cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, beets, onions, cabbage, leek, eggplant, carrots, beans, peas and I might of forgot a few.

The engine of the water reel is a 9 horse Honda. The range of the gun with my well and piping is about 60 feet so it waters an area 120 feet wide. The pressure going into the pump on the reel is 60#, coming out of the reel 80#, this should get better once I get a leak in a pipe joint fixed, should add about 5 to 10# of pressure.

The gun itself is just on the two wheel cart with a pipe coming down for the third leg, the pipe is attached to the poly pipe which pulls in the cart to the reel. The only support for the gun itself is a bar across the top of the cart

The Kubota is a 2004 L4630GSTC with over 560 hours on it, with over 230 hours already this year.

Dog, Thanks for the info. That is one serious "RAIN BIRD" sprinkler. My Kubota is Grand L4610HSTC with similar hours. Thought there was a bit of a family resemblance.

My only BIG SPRAYER experience is a 6 HP on a diaphram pump with 2 inch suction and discharge. Discharge hose is the blue flat stuff too. I made a super simple nozzle out of 2 inch PVC pipe which I hand held to "water compact" sand backfill. It moved a serious volume but not so much range. I don't want to put too much pressure on the pump but may heat up a section of PVC and pull it into a nozzle shape. Won't restrict toe flow too much just tryu to accelerate the exit velocity for more throw.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

I have had the irrigation reel for two years, but just got the pipe done so that I can use it. Been working on the pipe for two years when time was available but no rush. Now that we are in the middle of a major drought, had to finish it as it is super dry here.