Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Using potassium permanganate and septic systems

Re: Using potassium permanganate and septic system

I think you guys are pretty much on the same page.

Gary and I disagree on several things about water treatment. He likes chlorine, I don't. I use Potassium Permangenate and he doesn't.

Of course, he and I are about as far apart North and South as we can be. Water is different depending on where you are. What works for one area might not work so well in another area.

I don't think you could drink enough PP from a backwashing iron filter to hurt you, or we would have heard of at least one instance of someone being poisoned. I have never heard any such claim.

If you drank a little pink water, your teeth would be just fine as would the rest of you. However, stick your hand in the PP feeder and it will turn brown for sure.

I'm with you Gary, back to work.

bob...

Re: Using potassium permanganate and septic system

I have had a PP filter in my house since 1989. My hair has not fallen out, my teeth are still white, none of my family of 5 has warts or any other kind of bodily disfigurement, and we have never been sick from the water. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Our system is serviced about every 18 months. It used to backflush every other day when everyone was living at home, now it does it every 4th day.

When it fails it will be replaced by newer technology.
    My friends just call me Mad.

Re: Using potassium Permangenate and septic system

I have installed hundreds of them Mad, and no problems with the above mentioned disfigurements so far.

The new technology of the day in my opinion is air. When we install an iron filter we give the customer the option of using PP or air. The air pump we use is expensive, but over time will offset the cost of buying PP, so in the long run is cheaper. I have been ingesting air for 61+ years with no ill effects, but I am not so sure about PP or chlorine.

bob...