Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Our favorite movies!!!!

Re: Our favorite movies!!!!

Egon, It looks good in pictures. I have never been in Vermont with Niagra Falls being about as far NE as I have been in the states and Ontario the farthest NE providence in Canada. The little micro-states in the NE corner of the country are the only states I have not visited.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

That is a pity Pat. They are senic.

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I was fortunet to spend a day exploring the slopes of Stowe!

[/ QUOTE ]

We were only there a very short time in Oct. '91. We took my wife's parents on a little trip up into New England. And since I had not yet bought a "dinghy" to pull behind the motorhome, it was a little tight with a 40' motorhome getting up to the Trapp Family Lodge. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

How about "The Groove Tube" or "Kentucky Fried Movie?"

I still have snippits of "The Conversation" stuck in my head... and it is ALL HER fault for bringing up CETK.

I'll have to play a couple hours of surf bands, Ricky Nelson (early stuff), and Duane Eddy to reset my circuits... OH NOOOOOOOOOOOO, now Henry Mancini just showed up and I can't keep "Baby Elephant Walk" from "Hatari" and various tunes from "Charade" from "swapin' fours" with The Conversation! And ow... ARGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! Holy Sonic Meltdown, Batman!!!

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Not much of a movie-goer but I do have a particular favorite...

<font color="blue"> The Blues Brothers </font color>

The recently released DVD has some great interviews and details behind the movie [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Rob

Rob, How could we have left that out????????? Of course the original not the so so Blues Brothers II.

Give me more feature length SNL antics!!!!

(and an antidote for CETK's "The Conversationi!"

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

"Band of Brothers" (my favorite - all about leadership...), If you have it, please tell me you have watch the extra dics that "home movie" Ron Nixon made of the Making of the movie and what the actors were put thru to honor the men that did it the first time. Very cool extra!

Another good movie - all my grown kids know all the words - (Vizzini says - "Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me....") Whats mivie is it from?

49T&amp;C

49tandc, "Princess Bride" was a very good movie.

Okay, I'll play. Here's my list.
    1. GWTW - I'm from Alabama so it's gotta be Rhett and Scarlett at the top.
    2. Big Jake - all the elements of a John Wayne western.
    3. The Shawshank Redemption - Morgan Freeman is outstanding.
    4. The Shootist - the Duke should have gotten an Oscar.
    5. Casablanca - ultimate WWII love story.
    6. The Maltese Falcon - Bogart's breakout film.
    7. The Grapes of Wrath - should be required viewing in all high schools to show the young folks what hard times really are.
    8. The Seachers - John Wayne and John Ford at the top of their game.
    9. Places in the Heart - a good Depression-era story well acted.
    10. Tora! Tora! Tora! - great special effects in the days before computer animation. Fairly accurate historically, too.

There are others that could easily be swapped in and out depending on what day it is: Saving Private Ryan, Band of Brothers, Apollo 13, The Wild Bunch, Stagecoach, In Harm's Way, and several more.

OHB, Excellent choices all. You are to be commended for your tastes. Sorta avoids the Mel Brooks genre.

I think Tora Tora Tora should also be required viewing for schools as it will dispell two myths: 1. an ocean will insulate you from harm at the hands of others 2. We don't need to keep up our military strength.

Go 'Bama,