Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The time has come!!!

The time has come!!!

Tomorrow, Friday, is my last workday in the public sector, after 12 years in law enforcement and school safety, I am moving home to take over my poultry operation full-time. I won't miss life on the MS Gulf Coast one bit.
    My wife and I will be closing on our home at the end of this month and settling in the hometown tha I couldn't wait to leave 10 years ago. Will be wondeful to raise the kids in a small town (pop. 2700) compared to the coast.
    You ARE a redneck if... you knew someone whose last words were "Hey y'all, watch this!"

Re: The time has come!!!

I'm not sure I envy you with a poultry operation; that's a lot of work. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] But I hope you enjoy it. I do think the small towns like that are best for the kids and their parents, too.

Yeah, what Bird said! ...and I hope you dodge the birf flu in your flock.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Good luck with the move and career change. I know the gulf coast is still devestated, so I hope it goes well for you, and hope the kids make a lot of new freinds there. That will make everything go smother and make it all worth while. Later, Nat

I don't think that the bird flu will be a problem as my flocks have no contact with any other birds or flocks throughout their lifespan. Biosecurity is a really big deal with Sanderson Farms, the company I'm contracted with.
    You ARE a redneck if... you knew someone whose last words were "Hey y'all, watch this!"

I call on the wisdom of those who have more "life experience" than my self to tell me what people were thinking in the 70's. We have purchased a house and will be closing at the end of the month, the only problem is the couple that owns it decorated it in the seventies and haven't updated since. So, sit back and enjoy the show.

Another

And another

Another one

Groovy, huh