I have a ggd bit of mulch around the area and a few weeks ago after a heavy rain the next morning I had several places where this was. It looked like cream colored shaving cream. Some spots were as small as a quarter and some were as big as a beachball. I touched it with a stick and would have almost sworn someone had poured out so shiffon, it was nearly the same thicknes and lightness. Late that afternoon it was dried and had a crust over it. The next afternoon it was as dry and a desert and brown. The next day it was powder dry and if poked with a stick it sent up what looked like a puff of smoke.
When I was a kid I remember stomping what we called Devil's snuff balls that were some kind of fungi that did the same as this stuff. In the last couple weeks there has been several different places that came up and if left alone it will dry and nearly disapear in 4 or 5 days. Can Anyone tell me what it is and how to stop it from coming back. I don't think it hurts anything, but it isn't very pretty. Later, Nat