Thread: gohpers

gohpers

Every year its the same old problem. I kill them off and in a few weeks they are back. I think they come in from the fileds around me. I have been using a Rodenator Pro and it does work but I live in the middle of serious farming country and there is no way to Zap all the area around me. [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Re: gohpers

Rent Caddy Shack, the movie and enjoy.
    No fun, change the rules!!!

Yeah, the groundhogs are a pain and their holes always threaten to break an ankle or an animals leg. Smoking them out works well, shooting works okay. The best solution I have found is to find a group of people who hunt with Jack Russell Terriers or other small Terriers. The dogs go down the holes and pull out ALL of the groundhogs. You can clear a 10 acre field in one day with one or two dogs. This can mean of reduction of 20 to 30 groundhogs in a day. It takes the groundhogs a while to repopulate after that, but not too long. Those little dogs also solve raccoon problems at the same time, a surprising number of raccoons will use groundhog holes as homes.

Where do you live and can I come and play with the Rodenator Pro? [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?

Western NY, that's a hike for you! But if you want too, kill 'em all.