Thread: HELP! - Speedometer Broken - 1999 Silverado

HELP! - Speedometer Broken - 1999 Silverado

Okay, my problem is simple. My speedomer isn't working.

Basically, every since the other night it has been pegged on 100, and will not move. I beleive that it got shorted out while I was messing with some wires going through the firewall.

I've tried looking for a fuse for the speedometer to see if it was blown, but could never find one that was for the speedometer.

Maybe something came lose? Not sure.

By the way, this is a 1999 Chevy Silverado Z71, new body style. All other guages work on the dash... except for the speedometer which is pegged at 100.

Like I said, I'm figuring that I shorted it out the other day when I was messing with the cables -- though I couldn't find a fuse for the speedometer.

Any wiring diagrams, or advice on how to fix this would be much appreciated.

Please advise... [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Re: HELP! - Speedometer Broken - 1999 Silverado

I've never seen a fuse for just one instrument - usually the whole cluster is fused. IF you managed to short a wire, it's quite possible you fried some internal electronics in the speedo, and will need a new one.

You might try a search online to see if you can find a wiring diagram. It's well worth the money with electrical problems.