An unimproved 10-acre lot next to our property has evidently been repossessed by the Texas Veterans Land Board – a sign has been posted stating that it will be for sale in October. I called the Land Board, to verify that the lot had indeed been repossessed, but received only a standard phrase (“We have no specific information. The list of properties will be published in September…”). I then contacted a realtor, who checked with a local (the appraisal office?) authority, and was told that yes, the property had been taken over by the Veterans Land Board. So my question is, if a property has been repossessed, is there any way of buying it, through the original purchaser, so that she is able to pay off her back debt and can walk away with some money? Evidently she’s been going through hard times and hasn’t been able to make payments for quite some time. I’ve seen her only twice since we bought our property, and not in the past three years, but she seems very nice, and we wouldn’t mind helping her out, if possible. Or should we just count on bidding when the auction begins? The long and short of it is, of course, that we want the lot.