Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weird Real Estate Question

Re: Weird Real Estate Question

NorthTexas,

Yes, we finally got a definitive answer from the Land Board: we'll have to wait for the auction, which we were hoping to avoid, but don't really mind having to participate in. Can you offer any tips? Thanks very much.

Hondo, my guess is the owner has already made promises to the TVLB she wasn't able to keep or she had her head in the sand and no communication with them. One property that I really wanted to bid on was pulled from the sale the day before the bids were to be opened. They had either caught up with payments or sold. It would have been much better to buy from her. Depending on the desirabilty of the 10 acres, there may be 0 bids or many. TLVB website will have all properties up for bid listed about 60 days prior to the October mail-in sale. Gives you plenty of time to decide what it's worth to you. By the way, the TVLB program used to be for Texas Veterans only. It has been expanded to include ALL veterans that can prove residence in Texas for the last year. I'm sure you have been to there website but if you have any more questions, I'd be happy to email you my phone number. Good luck. NorthTexas

Thanks, NorthTexas. I have indeed been to the TVLB site, and am awaiting the list of properties for sale, which should be out by September 1. It'll be interesting, as I have no idea what the minimum allowed bid will be.