Thread: Greenwood Wood Furnace

Greenwood Wood Furnace

Does anyone have any experience with Greenwood wood furnaces? These woodburning units are supposed to have very low creosote and smoke emissions due to a very high combustion temperature. They have a massive ceramic heat sink that stays very hot so when heat is called for and air is blown in, the wood ignites from the high heat of the ceramic.

I'm looking to use it in my garage and pipe the hot water underground to my house 40 feet away using insulated PLEX tubing as per outdoor wood furnace installations.

Re: Greenwood Wood Furnace

dog, whatever the recommendation was for insulating the runs, increase it say 20-50% and the savings will be worth it. One of the shortcomings of many hot water distribution systems is loss through inadequate insulaltion. I think I had about as good a HVAC contractor as was available and I went around adding insulaltion as too much heat was lost in distribution. I dropped the temperature of my one foot thick concrete walls in the basement by 10 degrees by adding insulation to my hot water distribution PEX on the hydronics.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"