Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TractorByNet

TractorByNet

TBN has been down longer than expected and rumour has it there are a lot of those folks lurking around here today. With that said, don't mention anything about your favourite tractor colour, or face the consequences! [img]/forums/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img]

Parker County, Texas and Santa Fe County, NM

Re: TractorByNet

I haven't been to TBN this morning, and in fact just checked in here for the first time in a long time - been real busy with work and haven't had a lot of spare time for the internet. But I'll play along - Kubota rules! [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Is it dry where you are Jazz? Here in Parker County we're already under a burn ban and have drought conditions again.

I love pink tractors!
    :: D A V E
    :: g a t o r b o y

I would've expected no less from you, GatorBoy.

Yes, Pete, it's been dry. Up until this morning, I think we've had about 2 1/2 inches (6 1/3 cm) for the year. Mrs Jazz called around lunchtime to say we had 1.1" in the rain gauge!
    Pond is down about 3 feet.
    I have a picture (still in the film camera) I will share later, of a pasture near our place. Looks almost like the great dust-bowl era.
    Folks selling off cattle.
    Burn ban nearly constant.

Bret, it must be nice to see rain again. NOAA is forcasting a 30% chance for us tonight and 60% tomorrow. We can hope anyway. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

We took a couple friends to Shawnee to a steakhouse this PM and drove through the rain coming home wiith more forcast in a day or so, probably the same system Bird is watching. Unfortunately the rain totalled up to no more than about 200 drops on the windshield, not enough to warrant running the wipers. ARGHHHH.

I have one pond that is getting fairly seriously low (but no fish kill yet) and one lower than I like but the other 8 are doing pretty well, averaging maybe down 2-3 feet from overflow depending on the spring fed action which is variable from pond to pond.

Hope we get a good rain out of the coming system even if it ruins my outdoor work plans. Oh well, one compensation is thte weeds will put on a growth spurt within a few days of the rain giving me another window of opportunity to spray some of them and expect decent results.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Hey Folks; For the past month all it's done up here is rain and blow. The sun was out a few times but is so seldom seen it scared many children.

It's been too wet out at the farm for even spreading lime. Doing any tilling is just plain out of the question. My winter rye of last fall has suffered from the rains and will all have to be replanted.

Lawn is nice and green though.

Sunlight this morning. The remanants of Alberto went past thursday leaving lots of rain and having strong winds.

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Egon, Send some down here. All we got out of the potential rains was about an inch in the last 2 days. We are still seriously in a drought. Oklahomma is a wheat producer but wheat crop this year is nearly wiped out. We are big in pecans too but without irrigation the pecan crop is not likely to do much either.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Pat:

Rest assured, I will end the drought!! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Just give me a few days to get some rainwater heading your way! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

We had quite a thunder and lightning show about 10 p.m. last night, and I see that the nearest airport "officially" got .99" of rain. My gauge got .15". [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]