Thread: flooring nailers

flooring nailers

I will be putting down 3/4" hardwood flooring in my house this summer and would like to buy a flooring nailer. After talking to some folks everyone suggested one that ran off a compressor. Sounds good to me I will be laying about 1600sqft. What is a solid tool. I will look at new and uses stuff. After I am done I will most likely sell it.

Steve

Re: flooring nailers

Steve, Check rentals. You can rent a good HD pro quality nailer without paying more (maybe less) than the difference between a good nailer new and resold as used. Of course if you want to drag the job out over an extended period of time you can invert the economics and make the rental a bad idea. Rental dodges the hassle of selling the tool and dealing with tire kickers and Be Backers.

Otherwise there are a couple perhaps mutually exclusive) paths to consider: 1. Harbor Freight (fully waranteed/exchange) with not much $ at risk or 2. Buy a good quality tool that is a very popular model to increase interest and ease reselling.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Re: flooring nailers

I try to buy all tools that I will need for future projects because I hate to borrow from friends. I only have 1600sqft so it shouldn't take more than a couple days. I will call some of the rental places and see what they are renting for.

Steve