Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Suitcase" Wire Welder

Re: \"Suitcase\" Wire Welder

A common problem with MIG welders is that flux core wire and gas shielded (bare) wire use different polarities. If your welds are nasty and you can switch the ground and torch leads try it. This comes up often on the Miller and Hobart boards.

Stimw, My Lincoln lunch box (Weld pak 100) has a provisioin for swaping polarity (moving a terminal to the desidred wing nut/binding post) but as it came wired for flux core and I have never used gas with it, I don't have to think about it (LUCKILY.)

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Yesterday I got back to welding in the kitchen, it was the first time that I used the little "lunchbox" welder since making the earth-shattering discovery that the feed roll was installed upside down. WHAT A DIFFERENCE! The little crackerbox can actually WELD!! [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img] My neighbor is going to LIKE what I've done to his little "suitcase" welder. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    CJDave