Thread: Touch up paint ???

Touch up paint ???

Howdy, I'm finally going to address the rusty panel bottoms where the last owner had piled dirt up on the front siding of my barn. I've decided to just chop off the bottom three inches of the panels, because I have to remove some of the metal anyway to pour a driveway pad in front of the two roll up doors. My question is, where can I get touch up paint to match my panels? I don't know who manufactured them, by it looks just like the normal pole barn red. I'd only need a quart, pint or less. And I only need to paint some new nail heads and the thin edge on the bottom where I cut the panels. Close is good enough for me. Thanks.

Re: Touch up paint ???

I wouldn't be too suprised if the local TSC or other farm and home supply place had spray cans that would match pretty well.

I've bought spray cans that match JD green and KK yellow with no problem.

If one of the pieces you took off has paint in good shape, most good paint stores can computer scan and match most any color.
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?

Re: Touch up paint ???

Thanks, I'll slice off a piece and take it to the Tractor Supply in Gaylord and see. They don't list hardly anything on their website that is in their catalog. All I need is a little bit. It's just the normal dark red barn color. I was trying to post this question for awhile, but the site was down.