Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: critters, pests...whatever's out there! SCORPIONS!

Re: critters, pests...whatever\'s out there! SCORPI

I was just thinking of the probability of being hurt in the bathtub or shower. I think it is quite high.

It was a random thought that surface when the tornado probability was mentioned.

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Like, wow, man. Gary's idea about the black lights is really far out. Like, you could then decorate the house in Zeppelin and Dead posters. That would be sooooo cool. Oh, and take out the doors and hang some beads. Pat, what would your old lady say? Man, this is getting better the more I think about it. Oooo- Pat, do you own a van? Maybe we could all come up and paint a big psychedelic scorpion on the side, like, you know, karma to drive them away from your pad. Or, bummer... that might not work.

Egon, So now I have wasted all that incense and chicken blood on drain monsters that you were not even concerned about!

The 4x4 tile in the curbless, doorless, and curtainless shower was selected for its non-skid properties and their are good sized triangular seats covered with tile and 100% filled with concrete at opposite diagonal corners of the shower.

With no curb to step over, no door or curtain to fuss with, places to sit to perform portions of your ablutions that otherwise might make you unsteady on your feet, and non-skid footing there is little reason to have a slip and fall accident. The 5X5 triangular Jacuzzi tub has non-skid molded into its bottom but requires some care during ingress and egress to be safe. I am thinking I will mount some sturdy stainless steel grab bars on the wall above and beside the tub as my wife is less steady getting in and out.

You are right though, as the bathroom and kitchen are likely the most accident prone locations in the house. Reflecting on the probablilities, I'd have to say that ordinarily in the typical bathroom the liklihood of of being injured is greater over your lifetime than beingn injured by a tornado by a considerable margin.

Even though significant tornadic damage to a residential structure in our area is not very probable (once per 4000 years) it is prudent to prepare since the consequences can be drastic/fatal...A..N..D.. this could be T H E year.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Pat,

Regarding wasps, I don't mind the ones I see, it's the ones I don't see who sting me. In the past two years I've been stung twice. On both occasions, my arm turned red and swelled to Popeyeian proportions. Don't know why. They never affected me this way before (I always ignored them, once the initial pain subsided), but now I am a bit freaked about getting further stings. And wasps, unfortunately, are everywhere, and getting stung again, despite precautions, is in my case a probability, rather than a possibility, unless I drastically change my lifestyle.

Epinephrine is the treatment of choice for anaphylaxis. But 1 out of every 3 people may have a reaction severe enough to require more than 1 dose of epinephrine. Unfortunately, there is no way to predict how severe your next reaction could be.

<a href="https://www.epipen.com/epipen_reminder.aspx" target="_blank">https://www.epipen.com/epipen_reminder.aspx</a>

www.Twinject.com

If you buy an Epipen now... save the UPC/barcode or receipt and use it with Twinject to get a free Twinject. Twinject is giving away free units to Epipen owners to try to get them introduced to their product. Details and form at the twinject site.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"