Dave and Gary, I have commented a couple times about how no one ever complains about their tractor being too powerful and getting the work done too fast.

The larger plasma takes more air and puts out a lot more KW but is still a contact-drag type torch. I think when you get much larger (or even this size in some brands) you need to hold a gap between the torch and workpiece. That is NOT FOR ME! Being able to hold the tip in light contact with the work is a very good thing. The 27 amp plasma was pretty heavy and this thing is considerbly more so. It is about 50 lbs which of course I can lift and carry but it will be going on a cart. The smaller plasma would just fit on a shelf under my MIG on its cart. This guy won't fit there and will have to have its own cart. Oh well.

If I had it all to do over I would not have bought this larger plasma from the welding supply I got it from but once I had the smaller rig, paying 5% to return it after having it over a month and trading up was the best way to proceed. Had I done it right in the first place I would have bought the larger unit first and done so from one of the welding supply outfits who sell over ebay.

Live and learn.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]