Anyone here have experience with or knowlege of a Simer brand water pressure booster pump? I haven't found enough info to be sure how it regulates pressure or how well it regulates pressure. Is there any reason why I shouldn't install a Simer water pressure booster? What about an air backed neoprene bladder tank along with the Simer to help stabilize the system and reduce starts and stop (short run) problems?

Although I have well water plumbed into the house (for just in case) I ordinarily have the house connected to the rural water system which often has lousy (low) pressure that fluctuates considerably. I seldom adjust the shower head and note the current water pressure by where on the far wall the stream hits or how far short it falls. I also have a couple pressure gages that don't agree with each other but suggest that pressure sometimes drops below 20 PSI (static). I want something like about 45 psi +/- 5 psi or so (I think.)

I'm not stuck on Simer but can get one for $269 which seems pretty good. I am open for suggestions regarding using the Simer or alternatives to it. Most of the alternative pumps I have seen are $600 and up. I could be persuaded that a $800 pump is a better bargain than a Simer at $269 but would need to hear the reasons. Here is the model in question:

http://www.simerpumps.com/pdf/pg_18_2004.pdf

The chart they show depicts a straight 40 psi added to your pressure from 10-40 psi becoming 50-80 psi but they say there is an adjustment dial BUT leave the details more than a bit sketchy.

I want less variation in my pressure than say 40-80 lbs. It seems somehow wrong to have to put in another regulator to drop the pressure back down after paying to pump it up. If that is what it takes, then "ALRIGHTY THEN" I can do it but I am outside my comfort zone of familiarity of standard practices as applied here and need some help.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]