Dave, I think they have one part time guy who was sent to some courses after he screwed up and the quality of the water got them busted by an oversight agency that had them send out notices about the the gastric distress and its symptoms that we might have experienced. This has happened at least twice in 4 years.

This is the group of self styled geniuses that let a contract without proper clauses to get warranty work. There were massive leaks that went undetected due to IGNORANCE and HUGE water bills were/are owed by the rural water district to the water supplier. By any reasonable accounting method they are bankrupt.

A local Indian tribe, the Citizen Pottawatomie, who participated in the financing (and had their chairman there to give a traditional blessing at the celebration of the groundbreaking) were rumored to be taking over the rural water district operations which would be good news as we could get improved management. Unfortunatley many months have passed and it has not happened. (They have an elected chairman not a hereditary chief.)

It is true that it is often easier to get forgiveness than it is to get permission so since there is absolutely nothing to be gained by telling the water district about a booster pump, I would never do that. Similarly, what they don't know about any booster pump won't hurt me. There is no prohibition against them, the "CONTRACT" is silent on the issue of booster pumps.

If I were willilng to settle for 30 psi (not real attractive) the booster wouldn't have to run very much or very often. I wish I had a pressure transducer in the 10-50 psi range, I could womp up some signal conditioning and graph the pressure variations with time with an old Rustrak chart recorder I have. It takes a data point once a minute. That would be instructive.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]