Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Laying hens

Re: Laying hens

Isn't Texas right below Oklahoma Pat?

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Egon, Right you are, eh. Many of those in the know refer to it as Baja Oklahoma.

Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

"Baja Oklahoma"? We normally just say, 'Bah, Oklahoma'. (Yes, it took me that long to come up with a snappy comeback!)

JazzDad, You have a snappy comeback? OK what is it? (I assume the anemic way below your intellectual standards "Bah" certainly isn't it!)

I can hear someone (in my mind's ear) with a Texas accent saying Bah Oklahoma and everyone still hearing Baja Oklahoma.

I take no personal credit for Baja Oklahoma as it was the title of a movie with lots of actors in it from Lesley Ann Warren to Willie Nelson (playing himself.)

Movie info ===> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094704/

Pat

Just got through cleaning the henhouses and brought in new hens (15,000 give or take).
    You ARE a redneck if... you knew someone whose last words were "Hey y'all, watch this!"

Trying attachment again
    You ARE a redneck if... you knew someone whose last words were "Hey y'all, watch this!"

You know, I really enjoy these kind of sites. Grandpa (85 years young) is going to fund a chicken ranch for our 10 year old. I mean, lumber to build a 6x6 or 6x8 henhouse and then about 6 or so layers. We've never done this, having been raised in the burb's of Silicon Valley but 6 years ago we wanted our kid's to grow up in a more wholesome community, cashed out and bought 12 acres up in the Sierra Nevada foothills. I think not only will this help our kid's (the chicken ranch thing - The move has already paid off in the community alone!) but us as well. Our kid's do understand where meat comes from because we don't tell faiy tales and expect them to have some responsiblity as well. Don't know what this country is coming to, but our kid's will be realists and somewhat prepared beyond book schooling.

Just wait until the first time your hens molt. You will be SURE that they are dying, or worse!

Wulfman, AHWOOOOOOOOW!!! When you notice that the rats are begining to win too many of the heats it is time to get out of the rat race. Cool move, hope you adapt well to the slower pace. It will undoubtedly be a wonderful thing for the kids.

My mom wasn't quite so straight forward with my sis and me. She raised rabbits but we ate chicken, albeit without wings and plenty of drumsticks.

I took early retirement and have been working harder since than I did before. Different responsibilities, I get to spend less of other peoples money but would not go back to the "HIVE" for double or tripple my parting salary (vanishingly remote posibility.)

Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

what is the best way to transport (and catch) a roodter - need to take to someone who wants him - too agressive for my 4 year old.