Thread: new building codes, cost, experience

new building codes, cost, experience

I've built one home before. Did a lot of the work myself. paid around $80 sqft. for living sqft. Less if you figure in garages and porches. I live in south La and it seems the going rates for everything is going up. With the new cost for engineered drawings and other exspenses for better building, can anyone give me an approximate sqft price considering overall if I act as my own general contractor again. Even if anybody has figures about a particular part of the job. Black in, plumbing per fixture, sheetrock finishing per sheet, painting, concrete form and finish for this area south La.
    Also anybody have any ideas about what it should cost for engineered drawings for 2000 sqft plus garage's / porches.
    If anybody else is experienced in this I would appreciate your help /insight.
    Thanks

Re: new building codes, cost, experience

Unfortunately, your questions are all relevant to the area you are in and it's hard to give any kind of general estimate about costs. I would believe that because of construction needs in south La, those costs would be rahter high at this time. Try this link and see if anyone on sight can give you some more specific help.

http://www.construction-resource.com/forum/index.php