Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well I'll Be, It's Hunting Season Again

Re: Well I\'ll Be, It\'s Hunting Season Again

Works for pheasant but is a bit more of a challenge with quail. Several folks I know just take the breast but I went for the whole thing and got maybe 2-3 small lbites more. Still took 3 per serving with adequate side dishes. It is NOT fast food, at least not after taking a hit with shotgun pellets but I mean it takes a bit of time and effort to eat quail to get most of the meat off those small bones. One big fat pigeon has 2-3 times the meat of a quail.

Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Ah, but having to pluck feathers gives you all the more reason to bring along hunting buddies. Then, give your birds to THEM. Then you can go out and get a pizza! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    "I hate lucky people, unless I happen to be the lucky person."- Cody Rehberg

GAF, You remind me of the SCUBA partner whose shark escape method is to cut his buddy with his dive knife and swim slowly away.

Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

The birds didn't work to well, got up 15 to 20 feet in front of us and made it hard to shoot. The first day my boy only shoot his gun once, the second day was a little better for him, but the birds always flew away from where we had him. My boy enjoyed himself and is ready to go again. jdc40