Thread: how many hunt or trap

how many hunt or trap

so just how many and why or why not? i have three pellet guns that i use to "hunt " with and just starting into trapping

Re: how many hunt or trap

I trap bothersome beaver and have had some collateral damage in 5 years... two turtles, two armadillos (wish I knew how to trap more armadillos) I have live trapped 6 coons for relocation and two possum. This was defending a garden. We are crawling with coons now but no garden so I leave them alone. We have large cats, larger than bobcats with over 3 times the tail that we suspect are juvenile cougar but haven't tried to trap them. They run around in our back yard even in mid day.

I have hunted things for sport (don't do that anymore) and things for food (don't do that much anymore.) I have hunted frogs, rabbits, squirrel, antelope, rtc but have only shot one animal for food in last 5 years. Lots of wild turkey and deer frequent our property but with a super market full of food including dressed or even nicely smoked turkey it takes away the incentive. Folks around here feed the wild turkey and they will come to within 6 ft of my one neighbor when he is sitting on his front steps tossing out corn for them. They form a semicircle a dozen or two at a time and scramble for the corn. Just how tough would it be to shoot one?

Pat

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

lol very nice yeah "hunt" could even be just try to snap that once in a life time picture sorry if anyone thought thats all i meant [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Pheasant season starts tomorrow. I'll be out there nearly every weekday 'til I get my 10.

Hoping to do a black bear hunt next year and of course I enter the moose lottery. Three years so far with no luck...maybe next year.
    Livin' the dream.

I'll hunt anything in season if I have the time, the money, the gun, and someone to help me skin it! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    "I hate lucky people, unless I happen to be the lucky person."- Cody Rehberg