Anybody sailing models here?

I thought it looked like fun for a long time. I had seen them sailing in the background of movies and tv shows. This last Fathers Day, my son got me a RTR sailboat. It's 26" long. This has just been a ton of fun. I have mostly sailed by myself. There is a local club, but they sail big boats(Seawind, US1M, Sant Barbara etc). I went to one of the club races, and sailed my boat around, watched them, and then sailed a Seawind for a few minutes. Tons of fun!

Since seeing the local club, I would like to get a seconed, probably larger boat. That way my son, wife and I can sail, instead of solo sailing. And, if I ever did want to get in the local club, maybe I would have a competitive boat.

I am mainly looking at a Seawind. I though about trying one of the Victor 1M boats, but they are slower than than the other 1M's in the local classes.

We're going to check out a new pond here in a few minutes. There's suppossed to one in a park in Placerville. Have to go do some recon [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]