Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Box Scraper - Help

Box Scraper - Help

I acquired a box scraper (unknown manufacturer) and I cannot determine how the teeth are used with the scraper. The teeth appear to be "standard" teeth but when inserted into the box scraper they easily fall out. It may be that the teeth are wrong or I am missing some part on the scraper. Any advice would be appreciated!

I can send pics but they exceed CountryByNet's file size limitatation od 150K.

Re: Box Scraper - Help

The BB scarifiers are usually locked in place by a pin. I have a WOODS HB 72 and it has lock mechanisms for group of two scarifiers which is lock in place by a pin. i believe that a pic will tell your problem better.
    Cotton

Like Cotton said, we probably need a picture. There are at least 2 or 3 different designs for holding the scarifiers in place, so it sounds as if you're missing some parts, but I won't say so for sure without seeing it.

You most likely are missing pins that set the teeth at the depth you need...the pins in my old box blade were similar to the pins that keep the ball mount in a receiver hitch...

You can get a variety of image resizing software, I use picasa2 that is free from Google. It will import images from your camera, let you touch them up, then email and blog them for you...

http://picasa.google.com/

A really good free graphic viewer and manipulator is IrfanView. It is opne of the most popular worldwide.

It is available at: www.IrfanView.com It isn't the only good tool for the job but several folks here on CBN can tell you how to use it if you have any problems. Resizing a graphic file is pretty trivial with most decent graphic tools.

One of the popular scarifier tooth retention methods is a metal spring clip (often made of galvanized sheet metal) which you "PINCH" to release the tooth to allow raising or lowering. Best to post a photo so the panel of experts can see what you have.

Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Re: Box Scraper - Help - Pic1

This picture shows the a scarifier on the "device" that should hold the scarifiers. The other pictures show this "device" from different angles. The slots on the scarifier do not align with the rectangular holes in the "device". The scarifier fits into the rectangular holes on the "device" but since there is nothing holding it, the scarifier falls out. The "device" appears to be designed to rotate thereby adjusting the depth of scarifier cut.

Pic 1 posted to thread. Here's pic2

Pics 1&2 posted thread. Here's Pic 3.

The scarifier in your pic look the same as the ones I have but it sure does not look like that it's going to fit the rectangular slots. From your pics I would say that you do not have the right scarifiers that fit your BB.
    Cotton

Thanks
    The scarifiers fit into and through the rectangular slots, however, the slide out since nothing holds them in place. The scarifiers may be the incorrect type but what would hold the correct ones in place?