Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Box Scraper - Help

Re: Box Scraper - Help - Pic1

It's a little hard to say from those pictures, but I think you simply put a scarifier in a slot in the bar that holds them, but then you put it in in such a way that one of the notches on the scarifier is "straddling?" the top of the slot, but you are missing the pieces of metal that also go in the slot to hold the scarifier pushed in place.

The hydraulic raise and lower scarifier mechanism and the scarifiers look like what I have on my BB. There are spring clips that act as retainers to hold the scarifiers at whatever level you install them (only where the notches are on the shank of the scarifiers. I have never changed a scarifier nor adjusted one.

I'll try to take a picture tomorrow and post it, as it is past my bed time now. I don't recall the brand for sure I think it was Gamon, Gammon, Camon, Cammon, Gamond, Cammond... something like that. I took their decall off the first day I had the unit. It is a super HD unit.

Here is who built my BB.

http://www.cammond.com/ Maybe they could fax you a page out of a manual and or supply youi with the clips if I'm right about the style.

Now I really got to rack ouit....

Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Thanks for the lead on Cammond. I somehow found a reference to LandPride and went to their site. They have some of the BoxScraper manuals on line. I looked at one and they show a clip that mounts into the space between the scarifier/shank and the rectangular opening in the (what I earlier refered to as the "device"). When you use your boxscraper do you use such clips?

GaryDG, Yes as I mentioned earlier in this thread, my BB came with "retaining clips" that use the rectangular notches in the scarifiers to secure them. Mine came assembled and I have never changed the height of the scarifiers nor R&R any of the clips. So far they have held securely during Xtreme conditons.

I was innundated today and didn't get near a camera. Hopefully if "old timer's disease" doesn't attack me I will remember tomorrow to take pix to post.

This picture shows the top of the scarifer with the direction of travel toward the left. You can see the square notches on the left (leading edge) and can see that the second notch down is in use and that I could extend the scarifier one more notch if desired.

The "U" shaped clip is on the right. Its job is to take up space so the scarifier's notch stays in its mating notch in the big square tube at the scarifieer's leading edge..

The U clip grabs the outside of the hole it is in because it is springy and when removed is wider than the hole. I don't have the strength to compress the clip with my fingers and would have to use a tool like slipjoint pliers or similar.

Hope this helped.

Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks a lot!! I am now looking for the spacer springs.

Concerning your "by-line", I will have to reconsider my previous self examinations but I have definitely entertained myself longer that 15mins swatting flies.

Try a wooden wedge.

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

You could drill and tap or drill and use a bolt and a locking nut or two, mounted horizontally to press on the trailing edge of the scarifier and keep the square notches of the leading edge engaged.

To change notches to raise/lower the tooth you would back off the bolt to get clearance and then retighten. This is the all metal foolproof approach. A wooden wedge with only a slight taper might stay in but The scarifiers tend to "work" in their holes and might dislodge a wedge.

Some bailing wire wrapped around the assembly would probably last a whyile but you'd not be happy out walking around looking for a lost scarifer that you don't want to find with a tire or a brush hog.