Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any use for a push mower?

Any use for a push mower?

I mowed my new place last week, using my JD garden tractor to do the area indside my fence and used the weedeater to get the corners, walls and areas under the fencing. I did not use my old push mower at all, and really see no use for having this mower anymore.
    Do you use the old pusher (it is self-propelled) anymore? Should I keep this mower or sell it?
    *** What we've got here is failure to communicate ***

Re: Any use for a push mower?

We use our push mower to do steep slopes where the riders slide off...or to mow areas the riders can't get into, around firewood stacks, between the tree and the deck, etc.

We use ours to mow in a very small horse enclosure and to mow around flower beds. Oh, and it's always a good excuse to cuss!!!! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    "I hate lucky people, unless I happen to be the lucky person."- Cody Rehberg

You need to keep it. When a guest at your place overstays their welcome, you get out the push mower. You suggest they help out a bit on the farm, and nod your head first at the mower, then the back pasture. It works every time!

My LAST push mower wsa electric and I gave it away after relandscpaing to elliminate mowing. At my new house I have a circular drive and will not have any landscaping that requires mowing or weed eating between the drive and the house. Outside the circular drive I will brush hog.

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

By "push mower" I presume you mean a self propelled gas mower. If that is the case I would definitely keep it:

back up to the JD
    other areas where there might be rocks
    abbreviate the weed eating activities

Yep, keep it!

I use mine to mow all around the house and flower beds where I'd possibly do damage with the tractor and rear finish mower. Also to mow, as mentioned, in places where I'd otherwise have to use a string trimmer. [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?

I'd keep it. I don't use mine often, but it does come in handy. Right now I'm using it to mow an area that I recently seeded - until the grass is fairly mature it is better to keep the heavy lawn tractor off of it. You won't get much money for your old one...

I use my Craftsman rear-drive self-propelled to mow the dog pen. The gate isn't big enough for the rider or tractor and I bag the clippings for the compost pile.

Should I keep this mower or sell it?
    ericinok

Male a 3 point ditch and bank trimming mower out of it.
    == L B ==.
    lb
    3 Kubotas
    1 BX23
    2 BX1500s