Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any use for a push mower?

Re: Any use for a push mower?

I had a neighbor who bolted one to a barrel, cut a hole in the deck, welded a feeder funnel and used it to chop cobs of corn for chicken scratch.

My push mower decided to grow legs and walk a way. I didnt use it for months and want to trim the dog pen when i realized it was gone. They took my gas can too and now looks like my circular saw is missing. Cant do anything about it now.

Dave

If nothing else the motor maybe could be fabricated into some other time saving device. Make it into a self propelled wheel barrow?
    No fun, change the rules!!!

Keep it. My wife and I use it to mow around the garden area which is too small for the tractor or the Dixie Chopper. Trust me. You'll always have a use for it. Even if it is to scavenge the engine to put on something else. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
    As Iron Sharpens Iron,
    So One Man Sharpens Another.

Proverbs 27:17

I did keep it, and I'm glad I did. My lawn tractor does not fit inside the horse walker pen, so the pusher is the only way to go.
    *** What we've got here is failure to communicate ***

Yes, definately keep it. As said, it does good trimming and I'm sure you're glad you kept it. Also, if you got a tounge for a trailer, you could make it removable on the mower, so you can tow it behind the JD, just outside the cutting width, and make you mower wider. As said make it removable. May have to duct tape clutch in and disconnect the self propel, but it would turn out good.

Kyle