Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pole barn girt nails

Re: pole barn girt nails

Don't get me started. After researching until I about drove my wife crazy I finally decided not to go with the gambrel. I want a 30' wide barn with no center poles. That is the reason I have been looking at the trusses. I want to put in a 16x10 overhead door so as to have ample room for the Spartan. I have found an excelent set of rafter plans for a 30' wide gambrel at the Canada Plan Service. If anybady wants the link let me know. Other reasons for trusses is the speed of construction and cost. But it's always in the back of my head how cool the gambrels look.

Regards,

Mitch

I know you are set on a pole barn but my "socket system" barn is coming along will and his the attributes you arc booking, for.
    http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/7...320/Nov505.jpg

It is 26x36 and you could put aloft in easily.
    Jerry Smith
    Lost in Northern Vermont

Thanks for the advice, I'll check them out. I was not able to open your link to photos on your blog. Was told I was not authorized.

Regards,

Mitch

Mitch,

Sorry about the pictures. It worked for me but I wasn't thinking about those sneaky little cookies on my computer that told the blog who was looking.

Try this link which should take you right to the blog and you can be bored reading about the barn construction as long as you like. [img]/forums/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img]

North Vermont Blog
    Jerry Smith
    Lost in Northern Vermont