Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cattle are sold how?

Re: Cattle are sold how?

Pat:
    Did you mean Vicuñas? Or is this one of your "alternate" spellings?

BTW...do you know how to make the little squiggly mark over the n?

Vicuñas ???...Hmmmm?!!
    Adron
    You can have it good, quick or cheap. Pick 2.

Adron, The only way I presently have of puting a "TILDE" over a letter is by copying it in test somewhere and pasting it.

If you GOOGLE on viacuna you will find a lot of other folks who use my alternate spelling.

Anyway, you know the diminuitive camelid to which I refer and that is currently an endangered species and for which popularity with back yard breeders in the USA could only prove to improve their numbers and save then from extinction. That image could help prevent or lessen the shouts of PONZI.

Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Michael,
    Seeing as you are from Texas, May I offer that you look into raising a couple of Longhorn. They are a good strong breed of cattle that managed to survive in west Texas with not much more than scenery to live on. And as you know there ain't a whole lot to look at in west Texas. They are also a very gental cattle who take care of them self with little needed in the way of cattle maintance.
    A lot of people are somewhat stand offish because of the horns, however a Longhorn knows exactly where the horn tip is at all times and are not known to make use of them to a human. With a hands on approach to raising, they tend to be more of a pet.
    If you are looking at raising for meat, Longhorn meat is the healthiest beef on the market.
    Do a little research, you may find that they will fit you need or want very well.
    If you would like to visit a herd, let me know, your welcome come down anytime.

Went to a goat auction just recently. They kept changing the method of sale so often, sometimes on the same group, I was certainly confused. I believe I'll need to go to a few more before I'll do any bidding.

>Pat, I certainly understand PONZI. Until just recently I continued to pay into Social Security.

>So that is an "official" alternate spelling? Google:Your search - viacunyas - did not match any documents.

>While holding down on the ALT key, press 1,6,4 on the numberpad then release the ALT key. ñ BTW, 155 is the extended ascii code for ¢. As in my 2¢ worth.
    Adron
    You can have it good, quick or cheap. Pick 2.

Adron, I thought three different times I won the bid on a lot of heifers but didn't. Eventually I realized the auctioineer was making eye contact with the guy immediately above and behind me (contract buyer.) I can just barely track the action.

About the way to get any symbol in the set whether or not it is on the keyboard... Yeah, I know the method, just didn't recall the "number" for the tilde. You can also get hearts, spades, diamonds, and puppy dog feet (AKA clubs) This was one of the first of the IBM "secrets" I learned when getting my degree in computer science. ☺ ¢ £ ■ ² ⁿ √ Other useful symbols?

Googled on viacuna... Here are the first two hits...
    guanaco
    Most of us are familiar with the llama, but this family (Camelidae) also includes the viacuna (viacuna and llama live in the Andes), and out on the pampa... ...
    www.metnet.state.mt.us/special/FOV7-0000D992/I000B8598 - 15k - Cached - Similar pages

The White Falcon Project -
    They are larger than viacuna and not as "stocky" as llamas... in short they seem to me a graceful, long legged, "prairie adapted" animal which looks like a ...
    www.opi.state.mt.us/wtfalcon/Guanaco.html - 4k - Cached - Similar pages

Patrick [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"