Eric, It wil also give you the opportunity to teach some physics and math. Consider the trajectory is a parabola and at the low muzzle velocitiy of the new BB guns it is a very noticible parabola. At a decent distance you are lobbing the BB toward a target. There is considerable rise, mid trajectory. The concept of "line of sight" versus the BB trajectory is a natural. Gravitational acceleration makes the BB fall faster and faster over time so the farther you shoot the more drop and the mmore need to aim higher in a non-linear fashion. Twice the distance is roughly 4 times the drop.

If you put up a target at 25 feet and another at 50 this will be easily shown.

By the way, when I was 6 I used to use the wooden clothes pins with metal springs as spinner targets on my mom's clothes line (early version of the solar powered clothes dryer) Sometimes they would split. I was requested to cease and desist. They work well to hold pieces of paper for BB targets.

When I was a kid I didn't have a super big allowance (I only got 1/2 of a penny for each night crawler I gathered) so I used to economize with my BB supply. I made bullet traps out of cardboard boxes so the BBs could be recovered and reused.

Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]