Thread: Garbage Toter Transporter

Garbage Toter Transporter

I am looking for ideas on how to build a garbage toter transporter. I have a 1+ mile gravel driveway and quite often the garbage toter is to heavy to lift into the back of the truck. I think utilizing the receiver hitch is the way to go and perhaps a cam/lever to pick the can up so it doesn't drag when going up/down hills.
    Does anyone have any plans, or better yet know where I can purchase such an item? I'm sure something like this has been constructed, I just can't find it on the web or local hardware stores.

Re: Garbage Toter Transporter

Have you considered an elevated platform at the height of the truck bed or a frame system and chain/rope hoist to lift the toter to truck bed height?

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

If you have an RV center in your area go by and look at a blue tank set-up, they have a handle that loops over a trailer ball for pulling them to the dump station without moving the trailer or RV, might give you some inspiration.
    You ARE a redneck if... you knew someone whose last words were "Hey y'all, watch this!"

Great ideas. I appreciate the help.

I think maybe this is what Michael had in mind.

That would be the one, thanks.
    You ARE a redneck if... you knew someone whose last words were "Hey y'all, watch this!"

The product you are looking for exists. Check out www.cansporter.com. There is a single or dual cart carrier that mounts to a tow receiver. Works great and very simple to use. Well worth the money.