Thread: Corn on the cob- Microwave?

Corn on the cob- Microwave?

Saw on the Food Channel person in veggie store told lady to take corn in the husk and put it in the microwave for 3-4 minutes. I haven't had a chance to try it, has anyone?
    Best corn I've ever had we took ear with the husk on, soaked it in large barrel of water then put it right on a hot grill outside of course. Cook it until the husk starts to charr. Peel the husk back and use it for a handle. This method steams the corn and gets a little roasted flavor too. This was at a picnic with over 100 people, very easy and painless to do.

Re: Corn on the cob- Microwave?

The micro wave corn works well. Soak the cob in water first or just hold it under the tap for a few seconds.

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

We always do corn on the cob in the microwave oven. It's fast and easy. Unless there's a big crowd anyway.

We strip the husk and wash the ears to get all the silk off. Then wrap in Saran Wrap and microwave for about 3-4 minutes per pair or ears. Couldn't get the water to boil that fast.
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?

I've done the grill type in the husk, but instead of plain water, put a cup of sugar in 4gal of water for the soak.

I have also done the microwave and use it when time is short.

Another way to do a lot of corn on the cob, such as a big dinner is to use the dishwasher (no soap) on the heated cycle, just make sure it is not one that has the rinse stuff that automatically dispenses.