Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pool table

Re: Pool table

I should have mentioned that I'll ask him more details about it tomorrow.

Perhaps if nothing else, it'll give you a brand name, size and retail as a perspective for your search.

If on the other hand the chit chat keeps active... well, who knows where that might lead.

At one point I know he was keenly interested in an actual sale to vacate it from his house.

Today he might be lukewarm or simply given in that he'll just leave it when the house sells. he's already moved into his new house and his old house just recently went on the market.

I think that would be a hop, skip, and a LOOOOOOOONG jump.

IS there a brand and model involved? 9 ft is acceptable, just don't want anything larger.

13 hrs or nearlly 900 miles one way.

Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

web page

Information on pool tables.

If I recall correctly the size in almost all Pool halls of my wasted youth were 12 ft. tables.

Egon

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    13 hrs or nearlly 900 miles one way

[/ QUOTE ]

Whew, that would sure be making good time! Having driven through Knoxville many, many times in the last 40 years, I'd hate to have to drive all the way there in one day anymore. Actually I've driven straight through and another 300 miles non-stop a few times, but more frequently spent a night in Cookeville, about 100 miles this side of Knoxville.

my (work) partner is currently out taking his wife to the Dr. He told me over the phone that he's relegated himself to just "selling the table with the house", so I don't know how much interest he might have in actually parting it out seperate from the house.

It's a 9' Brunswick "Ventura" table

Ventura

The URL is for a Ventura III and I don't know if his is a Ventura I , II or III (or if it even matters)

I'll ask him more details when he gets back.

Pat,

Rob just left. Said if someone walked up with $3,000, they could have the table. I asked how much it retailed for, he said about $10,000.

Anyone buying it though, would of course, have to provide 100% effort to get it moved. He's only there to accept cash.

[img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Egon, your ref says 9 ft is regulation tournament with 8 ft popular for homme use. 12 ft must have been a carry over from Paul Bunyan.

Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Bird, Good call, I need to double check Mapquest estimates for reasonableness! If I recall it was 12:50 or some such and about 850 milies. That is averaging about 70 including pit stops. Never happen!!!!!!!!

Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Richard, A very tempting deal but surely someone a lot closer would find it even more enticing.

Bird turned on the REALITY CHECKER and I was off in my time-distance estimates.

Where I grew up the 12 footers were the mainstay of the good old " Spit the Copenhagen in some direction " other than the spitton, pool hall.

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]