Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pool table

Re: Pool table

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I've never even seen a pool table longer than 9 feet.

Is perhaps a snooker table larger? I've only seen a snooker table several times and my recollection was they were not only larger than a pool table, they had more narrow pockets.

I personally, always liked those WIDEEEEEEEEEE pockets

[img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Richard, I haven't played snooker more than a couple of times in my life, and not since I was a teenager. I didn't recall the table being bigger; only the pockets being smaller, but according to this site they do make 6' x 12' snooker tables.

That's the one I recall Bird.

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Snooker schmooker, We are all so declasse! The real aristocrats of the billiards world don't have pockets in their tables, large or small.

I was never fascinated by plain billiards. Snooker is OK but I prefer pool.

Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

I thought you'd get a kick out of "the rest of the story"

My business partner has a very large house and moved into neighboring city. He knew his first house woudl'nt sell for a while, indeed, he hasn't FULLY moved out of it.

He wasn't really planning on having it empty until spring/summer although if someone came along and hit his asking price, he'd be out in a day, moving things into storage.

Ok, well... for a variety of reasons, they decided they didnt' like their NEW house and are this past several days, moving BACK to the first house (where pool table is located)

So now, instead of having a 6,000 sq/ft house to try to sell for a bunch of bubblegum, they have a 1 year old 2,500 sq/ft house to sell which happens to be in the hot growing part of town.

He's already moved all his phones, credit cards, business stuff to his NEW address and today, gets to start the process of moving everything BACK to his old, original address.

I still get a kick out of him & some of their decisions.

[img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Richard, It is like youi are psychic or something. I had done NOTHING about pool tables, even think or talk since the last post here BUT today I was oll over the internet trying to get a feel for the market. Lots of possibilities.

Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Richard, at least they were lucky they hadn't sold their "old" house yet. I know a very wealthy couple in Austin, TX, who sold their big mansion to move into a much smaller brand new home in a retirement community, and in less than 6 months were unhappy with the arrangement and had to have another big home built outside the retirement community to go back to their old lifestyle.

I have bought a used but like new table. It is "The Prestige" by Brunswick, an eight footer in oak with brass rails on both sides near the floor. I got a couple spectator chairs and a matching bench for two plus racks, balls, wall storage, clock. Everything except light.

Five years ago all this cost $8k plus. After professional pickup, take down, transport, reassembly and leveling I will have about $3K in it.

I was pleased to find that there is a "forever warranty" so long as it is always moved by Brunswick certified crew.

* * * * UPDATE * * * *

moving is $335 not $350 and there are two sizes of "8" ft tables in this model. One is a "home" eight and the other is a larger tournement eight. This one apparenty was mis measured by the owner or his son as their dimensions are neither. They got the width but missed the length. It turns out to be the larger tournament model which measures 46X92 inside dimensions from rail to rail. I am having the felt changes to traditional green as it is currently burgundy.

It sounds as if you bought this one. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] But whether it's this particular table or not, I'm sure it's a nice one.