Thread: Drill Press

Drill Press

I posted this on TBN, Thought someone here would be interested.
    Anyone want one? This is a 20" excelsior and it is free to whomever picks it up. It appears to be in good condition, just needs a motor. I put an old 1/3 HP blower moter on it and it ran fine just didn't have enough power, I expect a 3/4HP would be plenty. This thing probably weighs 800-1000 lbs and has the origional chuck key. The table can be adjusted up or down and has a power feel if needed. I bought it from a man who retired , it had been in his shop for 30-40 years he thinks. I gave 50.00 for it and it is yours free, I need the floor space. Let me know if you are interested. I'll even help load it. Later, Nat

Re: Drill Press

Here is another pic of it showing the handle and the amount of travel, maybe 10-12 :

[img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] I sure do wish that you wuz about three or four states closer. That's a fine piece of machinery and would be a nice addition to any shop that has the floor space. It's nice to have something like that when you need to drill holes above 3/4". I'm sure that there is a Morse taper socket on bottom of that quill. Just the chuck and it's Morse taper attachment is worth a lot of $$$. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    CJDave

Nat, Are you sure you are giving away the right drill press? That oldie but goodie is more press than the little brand X blue thing in the picture [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Like Brother Dave, I think someone a tad closer should help you out, it is a LOOOOONG drive for me even though diesel prices have fallen below $3/gal.

Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Like the others, I'd love to but it is much too far away.
    "I hate lucky people, unless I happen to be the lucky person."- Cody Rehberg