Thread: three phase sauna on single phase 240volt

three phase sauna on single phase 240volt

Greetings, I am new to this forum and have a question of course. I have a 3 Phase sauna heater that I want to put into my sauna at home. It has three elements. I have it set up to be switched on from outside the sauna. Well it is not really set up, I have run what I think is a 6/3 wire and have it ready to be switched but not sure with what i should switch it There is no thermostat. I am not sure how to get one into the circuit. I am also thinking that I should just wire in two of the eliments because the heater has a very high output and the sauna is not that big. This project has been half finished for years because I am not sure how to resolve the issues so any help would be nice. Thanks

Re: three phase sauna on single phase 240volt

Electrician??

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

No Egon I am not an electrition but I can understand your mistake. Lol . I really have to fix this myself though. Thanks for the good advice.
    Robert

Well I did a google search for "three phase sauna wiring" and got all sorts of stuff including temp control boxes and wiring diagrams. Looks to me like you will have to have a control box and I would not touch it without a GFI in the circuit. I wired my own hot tub spa and the requiremts were for a seperate GFI right next to the spa. The thought of standing in some steamy waer with 240 v going through don't sond like fun to me.

No mistake. It meant get an Electrician.

Egon