Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where is everyone?

Where is everyone?

Did the call for hibernation go out, and I missed it?
    If this is the case, will folks start posting again in March?

Re: Where is everyone?

Ti's that dark cold season. Our first real snow arrived several days ago and our first extremely cold day has arrived. -9C

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I've been here, waiting on something to reply to.......but nobody has posted anything. I think I'll have to start posting topics again. Of course, the last time I did that, everyone ran away too!!!!!! [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
    "I hate lucky people, unless I happen to be the lucky person."- Cody Rehberg

It's not you, GA.

It's just sad. Real sad.

Oooo, maybe I can start up another snake lottery!

Much of my "spare time" has been applied to trying to make a Sony high def video camera talk to a Microsoft XP Pro SP II operating system via a firewire (IEEE 1394) port. As per Microsoft the "upgrade" to SP II reconfigured the firewire port resulting in loss of ability to "talk" to video cameras. They have a fix for this issue... download and install a bunch of software, carefully edit your registry with Regedit (where a small mistake can totally clobber your computer's operating system) and on and on, about the equivalent of crawling through slime infested with leaches arrayed in twisty little tunnels all alike while blindfolded and being annoyed by biting and stinging insects while retching due to the odors.

Bill Gates you clever devil, how do I despise thee, let me count the ways, no... wait, I can't enumerate the infinite!

In a rational world, Unix with a good GUI on top would have dominated but marketing forces, not sanity, prevailed.

ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not to worry, I'll be OK or if not at least like I was after they adjust my meds and loosen the restraints!

Patrick [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Are you trying to say your having trouble with the puter!! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

hehe, that's a kneeslapper

Egon, It is a good thing that computers are just a passing fad. I'd hate to think this infliction visited upon us my nefarioius miscreants was an ongoing discomfiture. So far the only collateral damage has been that my email application refuses to find its inbox and such and the assistance offered by the built in help is so very lame and aimed at a totally different probelem which I AM NOT EXPERIENCING. Oh well, email is just half or so of the reason I have a 'puter anyway!

Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Any time I have trouble I just unplug it for a while. Then wait for someone else to start it up! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Pat

I just configured a dual Xenon computer with suse 10.2. I got Firefox and Thunderbird configured, got my Linux tv card configured, and was all set. Then Microsoft bought into Novell. Now I'm disgusted.

RonL