Thread: Garage door openers

Garage door openers

I have a unique situation which has resulted in not installing a garage door opener as of yet.

I have 8 foot doors (2), with 9 foot ceiling.
    The doors are a spring tensionor type with no space between hardware and ceiling.
    Actually I have almost 3" from center of the rod and the ceiling. As you can see, I have little to no room.

Has anyone seen or had to deal with this..?

I have found Lift Master that is a wall mount. One thing I like is it has a electronic door lock.

Lift Master

My question is...
    Are there any other products that might work or does someone have a flush mount door opener that would work ?

Re: Garage door openers

Handy, Looked at the link yo gave. I like that unit. Won't it work for you?

Is part of the problem the 8 ft door and 9 ft ceiling? Surely you can't be the only guy with this problem. I have had 4 overhead doors installed by a guy who works for Overhead Door Co. but moonlights too. Cheaper when moonlighting. Maybe you can find an experienced person who will give a little help for a little $ but not do the actual install nor sell you the equipment as I suspect you have the abillity to do the install yourself. Maybe you could visit an overhead door sales and installatioin company showroom and ask a few questions abouit how they handle the tight quarters.

Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"