Thread: wildlife feeders

wildlife feeders

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catal...rTarget=browse

I'm looking for a game feeder. I don't have any experience with them. Here are a couple I looked up on bass pro.

Anyone use these--or others.

I'd like to keep it to about $100 or so.

Thanks,

ks

Re: wildlife feeders

I don't have that model but it READS good. I'd be more likely to take a chance on Bass Pro befor some of the less prestigious outfits. Just about everyone around here has at least one feeder and I have seen how happy the cheap ones can make you.

I think will be getting a solar powered one pretty soon so there is no battery hassle.

Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Welcome ks.
    Try this site,for they have alot of different models also prices...
    http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/co...&noImage=0

I use to use feeder but now I don't do to damage from bears...weren't worth fixing [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

I learn if your feeding over dozen deer at one time,the dominate will feed and the young go w/out not unless you set dispencer high,and there still a chance the young won't feed.
    Having the unit dispence food after the sun goes down seems to be the best time,for to many feeding during a day the deer will hang around...yup they seem to know how to tell time. [img]/forums/images/icons/ooo.gif[/img]
    I now gone back to the old ways,I find tree cover and keep two paths clean from snow about 30' long and divide 10 gallons of feed,and everybody eats. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Not sure about your laws feeding the wildlife,but in the state of NH its a matter of time before they say no more feeding...state of VT has taken steps.

If you decide to feed the wildlife during the winter,it would be great to view your pics...hint...hint. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I have this one from Cabelas.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...equestid=17623

I bought it from the "Cave" in there returns area at the Ft. Worth store for $80. It was missing the instructions and bolts to assemble it. My brother and I spent a few hours in my shop figuring it all out by seeing what would fit and make sense.

I've had the hanging ones and feeders on tripods and this is much nicer. The steps make the world of difference to load it. I just climb them and dump in the corn.

The timer lasted about a year, then stoped working. It's all made by Moultree and there was no customer support on it to speek of. I bought a Remington timer from Walmart for $40 and swaped it in a few months ago. It's easier to set up and so for, is working perfectly.

Eddie

Oh no! Eddie, famous on TBN, has become a member over here. We'll have to stop telling snake stories. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Sorry I am a little late in responding, but I have the exact feeder you posted. I purchased it at Bass Pro back in Nov. It was on sale for $79.00 at that time.

I previously owned the same feeder, except it was the tripod version. A bear took it down and I repaired. Bear took it down again and mangled the frame, so I hung it from a tree with a homemade hanger. This lasted for awhile but eventually the bear found it again and climbed the tree and rode it down to the ground, bit a hole the size of my fist in the lid and that was the end of the original feeder.

I have hung my new feeder with a different system (see attachment) and time will tell if it is now bearproof. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Other than the bears, I have had good experience with the American Hunter feeder. The battery lasts about six months and the entire feeder is relatively inexpensive.