Thread: Power and grounding project

Power and grounding project

I have a flat concrete slab and need to install a receptacle on this slab along with some lightning protection for coax cable. I am thinking of using super strut to make a square frame that is fixed to the slab then installing the receptacle along with a copper ground plate. The copper ground plate would serve as a grounding point and a location to secure the coax lightning arrestors. Should I use a copper plate in an exposed area, or should I use some sort of nickel plated material?

Basically this is the location at the base of a ham radio tower in which four runs of coax will junction with four 7/8" feedlines. The 7/8" feedlines then will go 150' and go through another ground point just before joining the transmitter/receiver.

Is there a better way, or should I install the lightning arrestors in some sort of large metal juntion box? It would probably be cheaper than using a larger copper plate.

Thanks,

Joe

Re: Power and grounding project

Joe, there have been terrific advances (trickly down) in lightning protection. If I recall, Gary employed some in his tower installation. Lets standby for the St. Louis subburbs, come in Gary.

Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"