Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trophy buck shot

Trophy buck shot

A New York hunter may have shot the third largest buck on Kansas record. It unofficial gross green score was 285 3/8 inches with three broken tines, the inside spread was 23 7/8 with a outside of 27 inches. The locals had nicknamed the buck "Grandpa".

Re: Trophy buck shot

Lucky guy. Good luck to him!
    "I hate lucky people, unless I happen to be the lucky person."- Cody Rehberg

Congrats to the lucky hunter...like to see pic of that big ole boy.

I haven't tried this but you might be able to go to www.kansas.com/sports/outdoors it was pictured in the Dec. 10th paper. Let me know if works. Jerry

Did the search w/no luck so far [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] but will keep trying.

Well it was in the Wichita Eagle and I don't know but they might have pictures at the kansas wildlife website , I'll try to find out. Jerry

I can find several kansas outfitter sites that show alot of pics, but couldn't find that particular pic, but I will keep tring.

Ok I found this site. First I typed in pics of kansas 2006 buck shot and then went to the outdoorsbest:new state record, clicked on it and it shows some pics of a large buck, If this doesn't work maybe it will come out in a hunters magazine someday. Jerry

No luck Jerry [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] sooo I'll keep my eyes peels for the up coming mag issues...thank you.

The big buck for Hardin County Illinois this year came out of my back yard. My buddy got it the first day of the season, one hour in. On the other hand, I had to sit in the stand two full seasons for tiny.