Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Law in Cochise County

Law in Cochise County

Well things are slow and I am bored so. A recent happening.

Two idiots decide to rob the local Sonic Drive in.
    Now Sonics got lots of money right?
    There are 5 or so cars in the drive in all probably got cellphones.
    Idiot 1 is carring a combat shotgun with lazer site idiot 2 has a 9mm pistol all in plain site.
    Idiots proceed to try and rob cashier.
    Thirty seconds later 4 or 5 911 calls go out.
    Sheriffs office is 3 blocks south.
    Town police station is 4 blocks west.
    Four minutes after 911 calls 2 sheriff cars block the rear entrances to sonic and two police cars block the front entrances.
    Idiots try to escape out the rear door. Idiots began firing at the two sheriff deputies.
    Deputy one kills idiot one instantly. Deputy two seriously wounds idiot two.

Next morning interview of the Sheriff of Cochise by local TV.

TV.. Got any statement sheriff?

Sheriff.. It is our belief that anyone committing a crime with a sawed off shotgun and lazer site intends to use it. Anyone who fires at a deputy will be shot.
    Thank you.

Tv..Ah thanks sheriff.

That's the law in Cochise county.

Re: Law in Cochise County

The law in Cochise County should be nation wide.

"The law in Cochise County should be nation wide. "
    Amen. Oops, that's not religious talk, is it?

Kind of like Lake County Florida, where the media asked the sheriff why deputies shot the man who had just killed one of his deputies 68 times. His answer, "that was all of the bullets they had with them".
    You ARE a redneck if... you knew someone whose last words were "Hey y'all, watch this!"

Personally, I believe the law in Cohise county is a tad soft on crime. As exhibit (A) I direct your attention to the original post that said the second perp was only wounded!

I hope the "timid" officer was counseled on situational awareness, PROPER procedure, and advised to practice his two hand stance till he can meet the accuracy requirements required to achieve the appropriate results. If the surviving perp took more than 3 center of mass hits, well grouped, then the officer is likely not so much at fault as the department policy to permit ineffective sidearms and or ammunition to be carried and concerned citizens should insist on a review of police procedure and equipment with an eye to upgrading duty weapons and ammunition.

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Thats a good one Pat. Maybe I will forward it to the sheriff. Don't have any idea what kind of weapons the deputies used could have been shotguns they all carry them in their cars. The personal weapon rules appear to be quite lax for the deputies. I have seen 1911's, big bore glocks, and .357 revolvers on various deputies. The same with the Tombstone mashalls Glocks, .357's and I think the marshall himself had a .45 colt the last time I saw him.

Please do forward it, I bet he appreciates my humorous take (with a certain dose of reality included) on the situation.

I got a rise out of some of the local deputies when I came amongst them and loudly proclaimed that I was in favor of strict gun control. I offered as how if you can't put 5 rounds out of a handgun into a 6 inch circle at 20ft in no more than 3 seconds then a good firm two handed grip is needed for better gun control.

Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Pat, I suspect a lot of people would be surprised at how few people can shoot a handgun that well, even with the two handed grip, on a pistol range. Even fewer can do it when the target's shooting back. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Bird, I've never seen any stats on stuff like that. Do you mean that you think it is difficult (not for you but the average concealed carry person) to get a few shots into a 6 inch circle at 20ft?

Maybe I am above average (I did shoot expert everytime I shot for quals in the military, alternating left handed and right handed one time to the next but that certainly isn't OLYMPIC quality shooting.

I taught my wife to shoot a pistol with an Army .38 revolver with the barrel cut down a couple inches and no front sight. I taught her natural point of aim where you don't bring the weapon fully up into your line of sight but look at what you want to shoot and shoot at it. I got her up to putting 4-5 out of 6 shots into a 6 inch circle at 15 feet. With just a little practice most interested folks should be able to get 4-5 out of 6 in the center of mass of a silohette at 15-20 feet without sights. (Maybe I have just been lucky with the folks I have tried teaching.)

I have never received any coaching or instruction specifically on my .45 ACP baby Glock carry piece but need some. I have never been very accurate with it and I don't think the problem is inherent in the weapon. I can do way better with my .45 Gold Cup National Match Colt or most of my .22 collection. Anyway, I didn't think putting a few rounds in a 6 inch citrcle at 20 feet was so tough. Anything less than about 2 shots per second starts to seam like slow fire to me at close ranges at big (6 inch circle) targets. Of course, most of the paper targets dont shoot back. It would be interesting to have a tagrget range where a paint ball gun shot at you while you were shooting at the target.

Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Do you mean that you think it is difficult (not for you but the average concealed carry person) to get a few shots into a 6 inch circle at 20ft?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe not if a person is target shooting one shot at a time with no time limit, but 5 shots in 3 seconds is another matter. It's very easy to shoot that fast, but I'd bet money that far fewer than 50% of the police officers in the country can shoot 5 shots in 3 seconds and get them all in a 6" circle at 20 feet. That is, of course, assuming they're shooting something of a larger caliber than .22 or .25; i.e., anything with at least some noticeable recoil.

For people who just enjoy shooting and practice a lot, no problem, but the vast majority of police officers only shoot their weapon 50 rounds twice a year when they're required to qualify.