Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Law in Cochise County

Re: Law in Cochise County

BIrd, That is an eye opener. I didn't realize how little ammo the average officer expended. Just plain folks can do pretty good at 20 feet with practice, (3 out of 5 in the circle) even with a .38 or .45 at a rate of fire of 5 shots in 3 seconds or less. I don't think 5 shots in 3 seconds is fast. Of course the worst a-- chewing I ever got in the service was on a military rifle range when the instructor said to take your time and make every shot count and not to fire faster than you were comfortable. I ripped off 10 rounds at about 1 per second or a hair faster and he got in my face and read me the riot act then looked in the spotting scope to make specific comments, then said Ok allright but the rest of you better take it easy. I think I had all bulls, it was only a hundred yds and my M1 carbine was a good shooter.

I know there is a heck of a lot more to police work than shooting a gun but more frequent quals wouldn't be that burdensom for the individual or the budget and would be a good thing I think because when you do need it you DO NEED IT! I hate to think of losing an officer due to lack of weapon competancy. Things are tough enouigh otherwise without preventable losses.

Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

<font color="purple">That's the law in Cochise county </font color>

Couple of counties further north, we have the "toughest sheriff in America".....puts them in jail with pink underwear and pink handcuffs. That'll teach em.

It sounds like law enforcement has gotten a little tougher since I was in the service at Fort Huachuca.

Then again, even in my younger years, I was smart enough not to go asking for trouble with the police.

I know and thats what we ought to be doing with all the ratfratz ilegals. But em in a tent. with nothing feed em beans once a day untill they beg to go back to Mexico.

"...feed em beans once a day untill they beg to go back to Mexico"

Hey, we have strict tailpipe emissions standards in this country!

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Hey, we have strict tailpipe emissions standards in this country!

[/ QUOTE ]

Good one JazzDad!! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    "I hate lucky people, unless I happen to be the lucky person."- Cody Rehberg

A follow up to this post.

Friday idiot two had his day in court. He got 12 1/2 years. Also since this post the sheriff has armed all deputies with M4 assault rifles very similar to the ones used by the Army. His reasoning was that he was tired of his deputies being out gunned by Mexican smugglers often armed with AK 47's.